I am so blogging that sh*t!!!

This is where I get to vent, share, vent, and basically share my life in the House 'o' Estrogen with all of you. So get in, sit down, and please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times until it has come to a complete stop. Thanx for joining me on this journey called my life. Ready? Then lets roll!!

This is me....or a reasonable portrayal of me.

This is me....or a reasonable portrayal of me.
"Life gets interesting in a house full of women"

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Heroin Diaries: Must read for addicts in active addiction and for those in recovery also.

I recently bought and quickly read a book called "The Heroin Diaries"which was written by Nikki Sixx, the bass player and chief lyricist of Motley Crue. The book is a no holds barred, unflinching look at one year in his life as a rock star. And it dives head first into his addiction to what ever was placed in front of him. And the book took me right back to the times when I would be locked in my room with a glass pipe full of methamphetamine, and a pile of meth on my dope tray for good measure. And it reminded me that I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT LIFE. Fucking EVER!!! I was instantly reminded of the depth of my self loathing, the complete lack of self esteem or ethics that were such a part of my life at that time. And it gave me a new perspective on my life in recovery. Things happen in this life for a reason, and my buying this book and reading it happened for a reason.If you're in the grips of an active addiction and have the chance to read this book; do so. And don't read it with the intent of glorifying drug use because there is NOTHING cool about doing drugs,nothing at all. Read it and relate your own experience to it. Relate your own depression, self loathing, loss of self esteem and complete powerlessness over your chemical addiction to what was written in the book. And if you're in recovery buy this book and read it. Read it several times. I am on my second time through it, and I never want to have to live that life ever again. For you who don't have a really good understanding of the impact that chemical dependency has in this country check out this little stat: 1 in 5 people in this country are affected by drugs and alcohol. 1 in 5. That is a lot of people by anybodies count. If you know someone that is suffering from the disease of chemical dependency and you love them; help them get the help they so richly deserve. Nobody deserves to die from this disease, nobody. And make no mistake here; the person doing the drinking/drugging is not only hurting themselves, but they are also hurting those around them. Addiction is a lot like a bomb. When the bomb goes off it does incredible damage to its intended target. But there is also collateral damage that is done to the objects around the site of the bomb strike. In this case the collateral damage is done to the friends, family, and loved ones of the chemically dependant individual. I have dedicated my life to helping those people who have the disease of addiction, and that also includes helping their friends, families, and loved ones. I do this because I can only keep what I have by giving it away. I have been given a new life, and it is my responsibility to share how I got it with anyone who needs that information. Thanx for listening everyone....

No comments: